Monday, January 10, 2011

Hoping

You know that kind of happy feeling you get when you open the dryer to check on your clothes and they're not quite dry yet?  It's kind of a reprieve--like you don't have to be responsible and fold those clothes just yet--you have a little bit of freedom left.  You know that you WILL have to fold those clothes eventually, but for right now, you can't 'cause they're still too wet.  Doesn't that just make you feel happy sometimes--and kind of sneaky too since you got a few extra minutes to do whatever you want?

Anyway, that's kind of how I feel about snow days.  They are a kind of reprieve.  They are an "I just can't make it today because I am snowed in" kind of day.  They just make me feel kind of all happy and smug inside. A snow day is a legal "I shirked my responsibilities today, but that's OK" kind of day.  

What a gift!  Kind of like not quite dry laundry.

I hope tomorrow is a snow day.

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment