Thursday, February 3, 2011

Return to the Tundra

I’m back!!

Yes, I know that most of you didn’t miss me and didn’t know that I spent 5 whole days sitting on a beach chair in 85 degree sunshiny-ness reading 4 1/2 books in the Dominican Republic.  But I did.  And now, with an almost 100 degree difference in temperature, I am back in beautiful Iowa.  Amen to that. 

When I wasn’t reading last week, I was people watching.  And I have lots of ideas for new blog posts.  But right now, I’m just pretty unmotivated and cold. and I’m wondering where all the people who cleaned up my dishes and made my bed are tonight.  and I’m wondering why they aren’t waiting on me.  and I’m thinking “what a waste of a good tan.”  and I’m trying to change my attitude.

But I’m thankful for my sweet husband who spent the week by my side.  And I’m thankful to be back to my great kids who cleaned the house for me before I came home.  And I’m thankful to my wonderful mother-in-law who smiled and laughed with her legacy in the tundra.  And I’m thankful for devoted friends who love our brood and spend snow days (and regular days) with them. 

But mostly I’m thankful to God for all the blessings He bestows. And all the people who are the blessing-bearers.

Thank you!

My life is good.

 

I will sing to the LORD,
   for he has been good to me.

Psalm 13:6

No comments:

Post a Comment