Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma!

My Grandma Crow is 89 today and this is for her.
These are the things I love about Grandma:
  • When I stayed at her house, she let me choose the room upstairs that I wanted to sleep in and I could even sleep in the crib if I chose it (I was smaller then).
  • She had a cool old cash register in the closet that we could play with whenever we wanted.
  • She also had a real wheelchair in her garage that all the grandkids LOVED to push each other in.
  • In Grandma's basement was an old Victrola that played records to which we danced.
  • Grandma let me take long baths and I could use the bubble bath that was shaped like a long skinny blue cat.
  • Sometimes, Grandma took us to the Beauty school and let us get our fingernails painted and our hair curled. We looked SO beautiful!
  • During Rodeo week, Grandma bought us cowboy hats and we got to go to a parade.
  • After spending afternoons at the pool, sometimes Grandma would take us to Wendy's to eat.
  • When I stayed at Grandma's alone, she would fix my hair before church and tell me how pretty I looked.
  • Grandma always had Froot Loops in the closet and I could eat them for supper if I wanted.
  • Grandma had a big dog, Tuffy (which was actually my cousin, Nicole's) and lots of cats. I loved those cats.
  • On Grandma's Christmas tree, she always hung an ornament that had two twin Indian babies laying in a papoose.

Thank you, Grandma, for loving me and for making my childhood a happy place--a place full of comforting memories and sweet words from you.

I love you!

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

Proverbs 16:24

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet. I slept on the feather bed at my grandma's. I think she had bubble bath in a cat too!

    ReplyDelete