Monday, March 1, 2010

The Simple Life of a Child

As a Christ-follower, have you discovered how your life can be the simple life of a child?

While the world must work to cover lies, defend their opinions, and hold tightly to bitterness, the Christ-follower can live in God's truth, die to themselves (what a freedom--since I am often clumsy, clunky and wrong!), and let God avenge the wrongs.

As a Christ-follower, I am dead to myself and alive in Christ, which means I have no rights to myself or anyone else. Carrying around anger or unforgiveness can get pretty heavy, but I have choice to lay these down since I don't have to worry about "me" anymore. Arguments have better outcomes when I have no need to defend myself. And the fear of death is replaced with the Joy of life when I know that nothing can remove me from God's hands. My spirit knows where it is going when the tent of my body has "billowed down".

As I meditate on these truths and try to allow them reality in the everyday of my life, my existence becomes amazingly simple and uncomplicated. God is the Father. I am the child. He's going to do what Fathers do and take care of everything. I don't have to worry about my life---anymore--ever. How cool is that?

" I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galations 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment