Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jumping for Joy

Oswald Chambers had this to say today:

"My unrestrained committment of myself to God gives the Holy Spirit the opportunity to grant to me the holiness of Jesus Christ."


So, let's break this down; according to Webster, unrestrained means "immoderate, uncontrolled, spontaneous". Committment means just what we understand it to mean--being devoted wholeheartedly to someone/something. Thus, I think I can logically conclude that my committment to God should not be governed by my common sense or my rationality--but by my willingness to jump into His will quickly; with both feet and with wild abandon!


If I do this scary jumping thing, this thing that will soon not be scary, but exhilarating, then the Holy Spirit that lives inside of me will be given the opportunity to grant me the holiness (that means He will put His RIGHT demeanor inside my WRONG ways of thinking and acting and being) of Jesus Christ!


Me? He will grant me the holiness of Jesus Christ? How can that be possible?


It is possible because in so doing this jumping, it is no longer I who live, but Jesus Christ lives in me (Galations 2:20). My individual personality remains, but as O.C. says, "my primary motivation for living and the nature that rules me are radically changed." Yes, I have the same body, but my rights to myself have been destroyed. I am boldly attached to, shamelessy audacious (thanks Alex) for, and hopelessly in love with my Father God.

I think I'm ready to jump! Now! Wanna come?


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment