Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Strength Training

I’ve been spending some time learning how to make my blog look pretty.  Luke is helping me.  Actually Luke is the one doing it and I am watching.  Anyway, since I am updating my look, I haven’t been posting, but I promise to put my nose to the grindstone very soon. 

Here’s something I thought excellent from today’s Upmost for His Highest.  Check it out:

God does not give us overcoming life— He gives us life as we overcome. The strain of life is what builds our strength. If there is no strain, there will be no strength. Are you asking God to give you life, liberty, and joy? He cannot, unless you are willing to accept the strain. And once you face the strain, you will immediately get the strength.

In your straining, reach for your strong God.  In doing this, you will become strong in Him.

 

And all the people said, “Amen!”

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:10

1 comment:

  1. Amen
    (and I love your new blog look. Great job, Luke!)

    ReplyDelete