Friday, April 29, 2011

Not Guilty

I don’t use cloth bags when I grocery shop. I don’t grate my own cheese. I hate to quilt. I detest ironing. I use one of those little wet mop Swiffer things when I don’t want to use my real mop.  Sometimes I even buy little single serving pudding packs even though they are not the most frugal option --sorry Amy Dacyczyn (ever read Tightwad Gazette?) And I don’t always go to Sam’s Club to get my gas even though it’s cheaper there, cause sometimes I’m just lazy.

I feel guilty about all of these things.  Yes, even the quilting one.

Often, I look at the things other people are doing and I judge myself as inadequate because I can’t seem to get it all together.  But really, I just need make decisions on what works for me and stop comparing myself.  God is really the only one I should be trying to please and I cannot become any more acceptable to God by DOING.  I am acceptable to God because of Jesus.  Jesus is the lens through which God sees me—and Jesus is perfect.  Can’t get any better than that! Pretty cool. 

I’ll bet even Jesus didn’t like ironing all that much. 

 

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.

2 Corinthians 10:12

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post and can truly relate. It feels good to be loved by God simply based on my being and NOT Doing.

    I bought a steamer today. It was kind of fun to use, although, that might just be the novelty of a new gadget. But it got rid of the wrinkles in Tony's shirts way quicker than my iron. :)

    ReplyDelete