Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holy Holes

"But if I obey Jesus Christ in the seemingly random circumstances of life, they become pinholes through which I see the face of God."

from My Utmost for His Highest --Oswald Chambers

Last week at Bible Study, I spoke on obedience to God and why it is so important. I also mentioned the above quote that I often think about when I am making the decision to obey or rebel. When I fully embrace it's truth, it makes me want to obey because I want to see more and more of God's face. I want to see what He looks like and what He acts like and what He thinks. I want to see what He smiles at and what makes Him sad. I want to see Him, someday, looking right at me saying "Well done good and faithful servant."

To really see Him, to gaze on His wonderful face, we must keep making pinholes in the foggy veil that covers our eyes. Every time we say yes to Him and no to ourselves, it is as if we have created another tiny hole through which we can see more and more of our Heavenly Father. Soon these many pinholes create a large open area so that we can peek through and gain more knowledge of the Holy. As we obey--every day, every hour, every second--our vision clears more and more.

In the day that we meet Jesus--either at His return or when we finally fly to Heaven--we will finally see Him clearly; there will be no more peeking through holes! We will see Him as He is and we will be satisfied because God will be more beautiful than we ever imagined.

And we will be with Him.
And we will be Home.


"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment