Saturday, January 9, 2010

Search Me

"Do we believe that God can fortify and protect our thought processes far beyone where we can go?"

This question from Oswald Chambers in Utmost today struck me and convicted me. I truly believe, as I've stated before, that God can help me cleanse my conscious stream of thought. But...do I only believe that He can cleanse me at a conscious level? Shouldn't he also be able to cleanse even my unconscious thoughts and motives? This thought drove to the Word to read Psalm 139, which confirmed the Truth that "Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord." (v 4) If the same Spirit that fed the life of Jesus Christ is in me--and it is--shouldn't that Spirit be all-powerful also in my yet unformed thoughts? The Bible says that "...the blood of Jesus Christ ...cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7). "The cleansing from sin we experience will reach to the heights and depths of our spirit if we will 'walk in the light as He is in the light'", says my hero, OC.

I don't know about you, but I am all for God cleansing me to the height and depth of my spirit...and for cleansing my thoughts...even before they reach my mind.

OC says that "We should more frequently allow our minds to meditate on these great, massive, truths of God." I agree.

"May your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless..."
I Thessalonians 5:23

No comments:

Post a Comment