Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Only Gain

I am sitting outside in the sunshine by the swing set with two of my kids and two of my cats. My dog also lies nearby. The animals are doing cute things, the kids are contently busy, and the sun feels like a healing balm. What more could I ask for right now?  This is only gain.

Why is it that when I get busy, my quiet times sitting at the feet of Jesus are the first thing to go?

It really shouldn’t be this way.

It is at His feet and in His Word that I always experience peace. When I quiet myself and sit with Him, I always benefit,I always learn from Him, I always gain. So, does it not seem strange to you, and to me, that I forgo this sure comfort when my life feels out of control?

But that’s what happens; Satan convinces me that the way to control and peace is by doing more by myself and yielding less of myself to the one who is actually in control.

It is only when I stop and sit that I realize that I am missing the beauty that is God; so this is what I am doing now; stopping and sitting; and soaking Him in.

When I submit to the one who created my life, I only gain. I only gain. I only gain.

But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment