Friday, May 6, 2011

And the Answer is…(2)

Shay’s Defense: The Hope I Have

What is the reason for the hope that I have?  It’s simply this; Jesus Christ, His peace, His comfort, His wisdom, and His gift of eternal life that He gives willingly to all who ask.

How is all of this relevant in my life?  How is God daily giving me hope?  God is turning my mind from the disparity of this world and focusing it in on Him.  Through this constant refocusing on God, one of the reoccurring themes in my life has been an unconditional trust in God.  My distrust in God displays itself in worry and timidity.  God is constantly reminding me that He is in total control of my life and worry will do nothing to change my circumstances.  He loves me and has my best interest in mind, and all I need to do is give Him complete control of my life. 

Not only has He shown me how to give up my cares to Him, but when I do release my worries, He grants me peace.  That’s the reason I have hope, because God is in me, constantly changing my thoughts.  He has granted me the peace and freedom that comes with trust, and He is constantly refocusing me on Him, His peace, His comfort, and His gift of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment