Saturday, March 19, 2011

DST Revenge

3:20 is the new 4:20. 

Last week, 5 am boot camp was really hard for me.  It wasn’t the workout that about did me in, it was the getting up at what my body thought was 3:20 a.m.

Now 3:20 a.m. is just too early for anyone to be up for the day, and 4:20 is questionable, but I had adjusted to this time since I have been arising at that hour since November.  When Daylight Savings Time waltzed in early Sunday morning, I was not amused, nor rested.

So today, I got back at DST by just saying NO! I stayed in my nice warm bed with my wonderful flannel sheets until 8:00 a.m. (which would have really been 9 a.m. just one week ago). And I wasn’t tired. And I didn’t even need a nap today. It could have been that I slept almost 4 hours longer than normal.

So there, Mr. Daylight Savings Time!!  You can’t keep me down forever! I can adjust to your little game—even if the roosters still think it’s the middle of the night.

 

The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
   shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Proverbs 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment