Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pause?

As I write this, snow falls. Children are excited that there may be yet another snow day. Kids are great at celebrating "pauses". "Pauses" are any ceasing from your normal routine. I have trouble pausing. When children "pause", they can forget all their responsibilites and worries and enjoy the new freedom and change in routine. They can fully engage in the pause. When I "pause", I spend most of my time thinking about what I should be doing and I can't fully "seize the day!" Even when I am doing what I want, I think about what I haven't gotten done and I rush through the activity at hand.
I think snow days may be God's way to say "Pause!" and I think I will listen if he says it tomorrow.

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment