Monday, January 30, 2012

‘member that time?

Member that time when I was in like 6th grade and Mom left me in charge of supper because it was just going to be Dad and me?  and member how I decided to fix mac and cheese from a box and how I added 1 1/4 cup of milk instead of just 1/4 of a cup?  And member how we kind of just ate watery cheese soup with noodles because it didn’t turn out quite right?  and how Dad acted like nothing was wrong with it and said, “It tastes just fine to me”. 

Yeah, well, I learned three things from that experience:

1.  It turns out that 1 extra cup of milk makes a huge difference in the outcome of the meal.

2.  Dads will say obviously untrue things to protect their little girl’s egos.

3.  Practice makes perfect because I am a way better cook now.

No comments:

Post a Comment