Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tickle His Heart

Last night as I was climbing into bed for the night, Luke called me. He didn't call me because he wanted anything. He didn't call me because he was troubled. He called me simply because he was happy. He had a good day and he wanted to share his joy. I was honored to be the one with whom he chose to share. His choice to share this gratitude with me loved me, and in turn brought me joy.

And I got to thinking, shouldn't we be more like this with God our Father?

Most of the time I pray because I need something that He can give me--security, peace, wisdom, safety, patience, or discernment. And this is OK because God wants us to seek Him when we need direction. But wouldn't it honor God, wouldn't it just tickle Him, if I would also go to Him when I am happy? Or when I am just bubbling over with gratitude for all my blessings? Wouldn't He be honored if I ran to Him first--with no other intention than to spill my happy heart? I think it brings Him joy when we are joyful--after all, we are His children and He came that we might have abundant life.

I want to give God joy.
I want to run to Him and share my happiness.
I want to show Him a thankful heart.
Because I am blessed. And Because He is the Blesser.
And because He deserves my joy.

Worship the LORD with gladness;
Come before him with joyful songs.

Psalm 100:2


No comments:

Post a Comment