Wednesday, April 14, 2010

For Teri

God, my life is breaking. Are you there?

Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea;

What have I done, O Lord? Why is this happening? I am so scared.

My heart is in anguish within me…Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me.

I just want to go away—to find a place that is safe—a place where I can hide.

I would hurry to a place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm.

Why is everyone turning on me? Save me, Father, I don’t understand.

Destructive forces are at work in the city; threats and lies never leave its streets.

If an enemy had hurt me, I could bear it, but this is my closest friend. My memories are intertwined with theirs.

But it is you…my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship as we walked with the throng at the house of God.

I don’t know what to do, God. How do I live now?

But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.

I will keep calling and crying and calling and crying because I know you are listening.

Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.

You will keep me safe even though others want to hurt me.

He ransoms me unharmed from the battle waged against me, even those who oppose me.

O Lord, did we not make a covenant together? Why must he attack?

My companion attacks his friends; he violates his covenant…war is in his heart.

Catch me Lord, for I am falling apart---piece by piece by piece. Will you take care of me?

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.


God, I am tempted to be bitter, yet I will let you avenge the wrong done to me.

But you, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of corruption.

I am hurting, barely breathing, confused. But God, I choose to trust in you alone.

But as for me, I trust in you.


Inspired by Psalm 55

2 comments:

  1. Tori,

    Wow!!! That is awesome! Totally captures how I am feeling! Will just strive to do the right thing and allow God to work through these circumstances and me! Thanks so much!!!

    Love,

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that entire post, and can say this just occurred less than 12 hours ago. He will save me...He will save all who call upon His name, love Him and follow Him!

    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete