Tuesday, March 13, 2012

You’re Not Little Anymore

                                 cole preschool valentine 001

When I look at this picture, tears come to my eyes and I can hardly type, little boy, ‘cause you’re not little anymore…

When I see your sweet smile, I want to pick you up and squeeze you, but I can’t, little boy, ‘cause you’re not little anymore…

When I think of all the dates I had with you, my little buddy, little boy, I yearn for yesterday, but it’s gone, ‘cause your not little anymore…

You are growing up, little boy, even taller than me, and you give me hugs when I am hurting, ‘cause your not little anymore…

You are making me so proud, little boy, with your choices, your wisdom, your honor, your joy, ‘cause your not little anymore…

You are turning into an amazing young man, little boy, whom I love with my whole heart…and your not little anymore.

Happy 14th Birthday Cole Benjamin! 

My son, if your heart is wise,
   then my heart will be glad;
my inmost being will rejoice
   when your lips speak what is right.

Proverbs 23:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment