Thursday, March 8, 2012

Always a Peacemaker

When I brought you home, you chose not to fuss,

but lay quiet in your cradle and sleep.

And when you awoke, with two toddlers staring,

Still, you made not a peep.

Your big blue eyes looking…yearning for mama,

not wanting to cause any trouble,

You started to whimper, so softly at first

I wasn’t aware of your struggle.

As finally I heard you and went to your aid,

I smiled when I saw your sweet face,

for there you were lying, squirming, and trying,

simply wanting your mother’s embrace.

As I lifted you, dear one, up to my shoulder,

and breathed in your baby perfume,

my love for you, tiny peace-maker

suddenly filled up the whole nursery room.

 

Happy 16th Birthday Sweet Shay Nicole!

 

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

James 3:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment