Monday, October 25, 2010

Measuring Our Love

Since I speak on the topic of obedience this week at Bible Study, I have been doing a little study on what obedience really means. Here are some tidbits:

  • Obedience to God is the only way. The only reliable means of measuring our love for God is to examine whether we obey Him.
  • If you are not keeping the commands of God, you cannot honestly claim to love Him.
  • Actions speak louder than words.
  • Each act of disobedience is a step away from God. Likewise, each act of obedience is a step back towards Him.
  • "I was not born to be free. I was born to adore and to obey."--C.S. Lewis
  • "Partial obedience, delayed obedience, and surface obedience to impress others are not acceptable to God. He is looking for men and women who will respond with instant, complete, wholehearted, and joyous obedience each time He speaks."--Del Fehsenfeld Jr.
O LORD, that I might be obedient, not just right now, when it is easy and things seem clear, but especially when I am threatened and my vision is foggy--especially when I feel wronged--for that is when I can show the sweetness of Jesus in my humble response. May it be so.

"We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His commands."

1 John 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment